State Presidents & Topic Governors
Dr. Maqsood Hasan
– Medical Practitioner living in Gold Coast since 1994. Originally from Faisalabad, Pakistan.
– Graduated from Sindh Medical College, Karachi University in 1985.
– Migrated to Australia in 1987.
– Worked as Medical Officer at:
o Orange-base Hospital, Orange
o Modbury Hospital, Adelaide
– Now working as a family practitioner and managing 2 medical centres.
Student Life in Pakistan:
– During student life, was the President of Punjabi Medicos Organisation.
– Organised various free medical and eye camps in remote areas of Sindh.
Life in Australia:
– Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.
– Examiner of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.
– Examiner and Interviewer of Griffith University Medical School.
– Tutor and mentor of Griffith University and Bond University Medical Schools.
– Founding member and past President of APDOQ (Association of Pakistan Doctors of Queensland).
Recent Social Work:
– Member of Rotary Club, Southport.
– Organiser of medical utilities to countries of need, including Pakistan.
– Social worker and Medical consultant at major natural disasters in Pakistan including the Earthquake (2005), and Pakistan Floods (2010).
Honorary Investment Counselor, Victoria, South Australia & Tasmania President
Ayesha is Board of Investment Pakistanâ€™s Honorary Investment Counsellor in Melbourne. Shehas been working to promote Pakistan in Australia and strengthen bilateral trade and investment opportunities. She also assists Australian business delegations visiting Pakistan.
Hergreat-great-grandfather first came to Australia in the 1860â€™s. The family known as the Australia-Walas(Australians) in Lahore played a pivotal role in creating linkages between the two countries.
Ayesha has a Masters in Technology from RMIT University. She has represented Pakistan in all major Conferences, Trade Fairs and Government to Government meetings. Areas currently working on are Education, Mining and Agribusiness.